Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cover: October issue


Our first issue of the Torch came out on Friday, October 7th. The feature was an in-depth about the good conduct policy of Kennedy. I chose to depict this by creating an abstract party scene. The first image and cover image were created the same way. Torchies staged a sort of party-like scene in our workroom. They were holding red cups and lights. I had them wave the lights around with the rest of the lights in the room off. I slowed the shutter speed on my camera down to as slow as it would allow so I could let as much light in as possible. This created the streaking effects of the lights. I then adjusted the brightness and color saturation of the photo to make the coloring more vivid. I love the way it turned out. The middle image is a very blunt depiction of a kennedy student drinking at a party. I used a female student wearing a letterman jacket so I would not be classifying a certain type of student as a partier. I feel as though the letterman jacket represents an involved Kennedy student. The student is holding a red cup seeing as it is a well-known representation of partying. I then took the photo into Photoshop and added the black bar to rid of any identity and added the headline that I thought up, "Caught Red-Handed". I am rather proud of this package as a whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment